[TR] how to seal TR4 wings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] how to seal TR4 wings
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:20:19 -0500
Listers,
The shop manual sez to seal the wings from the underside with a seam sealer
after installation.  I think that's counterproductive, as it creates a trap
for water above the seal.  I'm inclined to either seal at the very top of
top the wing to tub interface (immediately under the trim bead) with clear
silicone sealant or leave it unsealed.  The latter is probably not smart,
as the screws would leak into the tub.  Am I missing something?  Could it
be that the shop manual is correct after all?

tnx
--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg  VA