RE: [TR] One more clutch question

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] One more clutch question
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:39:42 -0700
Over the last 10 years or so with 2 cars and 2 clutch assemblies, I have
taken the clutch assembly to commercial friction materials rebuilders. These
are the companies that do the bus and truck clutches and brake assemblies
for major companies with fleets of vehicles. They completely rebuilt the
pressure plate, the friction plate, replaced the TO bearing and resurfaced
the flywheel. All for a very reasonable price. They were happy to help me
and surprisingly, both companies had previous experience with Triumphs! They
were quick to finish the rebuilds too, both took less than a week.

Of course YMMV!

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L