Re: [TR] battery box liner essential?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] battery box liner essential?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:32:23 -0800
Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Today I was discouraged, but not surprised, to find my new metal battery box
>filled with rainwater

That's strange, my TR3A's battery box has a hole in the bottom with a
metal tube fitting.  I have  rubber hose that goes from the metal hose
fitting through a hole at the front of the transmission tunnel to drain
off any water that gets into the box.

I have a couple strips of rubber on the bottom to allow space for water
to drain under the battery.  I think the key is to clean under the
battery and make sure the tube is open periodically.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org