Re: [TR] Home alone - brake MC rebuild question

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Home alone - brake MC rebuild question
From: Hugh Barber <tr6nut@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:33:31 -0500
> Or, buy a proper hex key from McMaster-Carr.  ISTR the MC takes a 7/16",
> which is $2.51.  Even a 1/2" short-arm key is only $3, or you could splurge
> and get the long-arm variety (still less than $5).
>
> Note that the coupling nuts @ your local hardware store are usually only
> Grade 2, only slightly harder than cold butter.

Randall,

That's great if you've got the time.  If you've got the MC spread all
over the kitchen table, you need a solution now, not 3 days from now.  I
was not advocating using a coupling nut as a long-tern tool solution,
but in a pinch, (as a one-shot disposable "tool") it works just fine.

Hugh

===     http://www.vtr.org