Re: [TR] headlamps

To: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] headlamps
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:57:07 -0000
Another point to remember is that many cars are still running around with
original lenses from pre sealed beam days but with later spec blubs. Many
export markets specified headlights that dipped vertically and not to one
side or the other. Thus, the optics of the glass are yet another variation
on a theme to consider. How can you tell the difference between vertical and
angled dip lenses. Well, the left and right lenses are easy but I damned if
I can remember how the vertical ones looked.......... The secret is the
optics on the base of the lens between four and eight o'clock (I think)

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org