Re: [TR] TR3 steel wheel color

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 steel wheel color
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:33:58 -0400
>> I am ready to paint my wheels and I'm wondering what color they were
>> originally.  I know its silver, but I'm not sure "how" silver.
>>
> Most wheels are painted a special silver.  Paint matching (or nearly
> matching) this color is sold under the names of "Argent Silver" and "Wheel
> Paint."
>
> Dave

I'm not sure how original it is, but I painted mine with Duplicolor
chrome/aluminum.  It's not a wheel paint, so doesn't have that special chip
resistance quality.  I tried a Rustoleum aluminum, but it came out too
whitish silver, so I repainted this weekend.

Ah, but then I'm not looking for perfect original, but affordable functional
cool in a daily driver.

Hmmmm...doesn't that describe most of us here?  ...Affordable (I'm cheap),
functional (I still walk), cool (I dream at night that I'm cool), and daily
driver (self explanatory, I have a job to get to).

Anyway, I like the look of the Duplicolor chrome/aluminum, which was
recommended by the guy I bought the wire wheels from, who was one-time
president of a northeast British car club, though I forget which.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (3 year restoration, got the carbs on last night!  Man I love a car
with paint on it!)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org