[TR] Carburator Heat Shield

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Carburator Heat Shield
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:42:40 -0400
Some time back--maybe a year?--someone on the list made these beautiful
carburator heatshields to protect the fuel from the heat of the exhaust in the
tractor engines.  I bought one then, but on looking at the fit today for the
first time, I see it fouls against the throttle linkage.

I've looked in archives, but can't find it, though I'm pretty sure it's there
someplace.  Is the fix to cut a portion off the shield?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire (I may actually start this car with a week or two, after 3 years
3 months!)

===     http://www.vtr.org