RE: [TR] non-NAPA brake stuff

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] non-NAPA brake stuff
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:55:18 -0700
> I believe originally that my TR3 had 1/8" brake line.  However, I wish to
> replace some or all of it with 3/16" line.  This is permissable isin't it?

Well, no one is going to put you in jail for it, so I guess it's OK.  But
don't forget that you are going to need an adapter at the 5-way, which is
just one more place for a leak to occur.  Since any leak may well be
life-threatening, you might want to think twice about modifications.

> Also, what is the size of the thread at the 5-way fitting?  The fittings I
> bought at NAPA tighten too early....

It's not just the matter of the thread (which I don't recall offhand).
British brake fittings have a longer unthreaded part at the tip than
American ones do, because the threads don't go all the way to the bottom of
the hole.  Try asking for "British" brake lines at your NAPA ... mine
carries them.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org