Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] position for wiper wheelboxes
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:19:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/2006 7:05:30 PM Central Standard Time,
terryrs@adelphia.net writes:
> >List,
> >I am progressing too slowly on the restoration of my TR3.  I am just now
> >reassemblying the wiper and assembly.  I have a question:
> >
> >Do the two wiper wheelboxes go under or over the long drive-cable?  If it
> >goes
> >under then that means there is about an inch between the cable-drive and
> >the
> >body's sheet metal.    If you say it 'goes over' the wheelbox then there
> >is
> >about 1/4" between the cable-drive and the body's sheet metal.  My book
> >doesn't say.........
> >
> >Thanks, Paul Dorsey
> >60 TR3A
>
> Paul, I'm probably confused.  The long drive cable goes through the wheel
> boxes, not "over" or "under."  The tubing that surrounds the drive wire fits
>
> into the slots at either end of the wheelbox, with nothing but wire actually
>
> "within" the box.
>
> But I'm probably missing what you're saying.

Yup.  I think his question refers to the fact that the tube enters the wheel
boxes offset from the center and is this offset above or below the center
line.

Unfortunately, I can't answer that.  What I would do (and I will be doing
this in a year or so) is realize that getting it wrong will reverse the
direction
of the wipers and they will park in the wrong position (which would be the
right position for RHD vehicles) and then check to see if the cable is fully
retracted or extended when parked.

Or just hock it up any old way and adjust the parking position to where I
want it.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org