Re: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Dave1massey@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Considering tube shock conversion for 4A
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:41:03 -0400
----- Original Message -----

  Grunt, grunt, grunt.  I want.  I want.

Whoah, slow down there boy.  I'll have to get the hose!  But hoping that this
does not provoke more grunting, here is the product # for Revingtons
conversion.  RTR3003SPK  #252.50   www.revingtontr.com

"A limited amount of welding is required to the chassis to add strengthening
gussets and top support plates to the spring turret. The lower bracket is
secured to the trailing arm with nuts and screws."

You said your shocks are too short for the stock height springs.  Which shocks
do you have?  I have been trying to figure out a good adjustable shock, with
more than 3 settings (preferably more than 5), and will fit properly.

Which brand of conversion brackets do you have?  I take it you are pleased
with them, possibly other than the shock travel?

-Tony

===     http://www.vtr.org