[TR] RE: Emailing: eBayISAPI

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List),
Subject: [TR] RE: Emailing: eBayISAPI
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:08:12 +0000
I did see a link to a photo of Herman's conversion brackets.  THat link said he
was ot making them any longer.  But I do have this link which also contains the
HVDA transmission conversion, so I suspect that this is his stuff.

THe price is $135 for the brackets.  You are on your own for shocks.  He lists
some Koni shocks and several other brands on one location on his page, and the
Koni brand is omitted in the actual instructions.  I'd prefer an adjustable
shock, and as far as I can tell, none of the others is adjustable.  Maybe the
Spax is but I can't tell.

I think that this is the same conversion set that TRF sells, and I think Moss
carries it too.

This is the conversion that I had been strongly considering doing.  The
coil-over that Revington (I think) makes are cool, but they are rather
expensive.  The coil-over does allow the ability to use a rear sway bar that
goes over the differential and therefore does not affect ground clearance.

I agree that the rear bar seems not to offer much on a TR4A.  With my old car,
I found the handling sufficiently neutral that I dod not see how a rear bar
would help much.  I was very satisfied with just the 7/8" front.

-Tony

From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>

Isn't this the fellow that Herman was talking about suing, for stealing his
design ?

At any rate, I'd bet money that at least some of his claims are flat not true.
Some of the others might be ...

Randall