Re: more than 1 kind of starter push switch?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: more than 1 kind of starter push switch?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:32:52 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>My switch, on the other hand, is about 1 3/4" in diameter and about 2-3"
>deep.  It has 2 cables hooked on the back (to battery & starter, I guess).
>It also has room for 2-3 other slide on connectors.  And I need to ask, what
>besides the dash does it mount to?

Pretty lousy photo but that looks like the correct unit... though those
wires pictured have nothing to do with it.

Yours sounds larger than the original.  The original just mounts to the
center panel held by a chrome bezel (unlike the other bezels on the
panel) a clue to look for on your is that the hole in the center panel
is flat on one side to correctly orient the switch... the fitting of
which is also flat on one side.

It's a simple SPST button so a basic check for continuity when the
button is pressed is about all there is to test.

The 'cables' on the back are from the ignition switch and to the starter
solenoid.

Geo Hahn