Re: cams, lifters, etc

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cams, lifters, etc
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:05:26 -0500
> Assembly lube is a must for either old or new.  Molybdenum disulphide is a
> good
> ingredient but there's more to assembly lube than just "moly".
>
> Randall

Randall, would you elaborate a bit?  I did use assembly lube when I rebuilt
my engine (last year and haven't started yet).  Are you suggesting that even
though you use assembly lube, you nevertheless do the drill in the oil pump
routine prior to start up?

As always, Randall, the English major bows to the Engineer....:o)

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A TS 58667 Body off, rest mostly on, and trying to figure out how to
suck up to the body guy to get moving....
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org