Tr3 Turn signal/Horn attaching screws

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tr3 Turn signal/Horn attaching screws
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:58:00 -0500
List,

There are 3 little pointed set screws in the steering wheel that
retain the horn/turn signal in the steering wheel.  No manual I look
at even shows these screws.  I'm replacing the defunct unit in my TR3
and the DPO had the old unit just taped in place...I now know why...2
of the 3 screws are impossible to budge and the heads are badly
malformed.  No manual I look in even shows these screws in the
steering wheel so I am assuming that they are not available. By the
way, mine is the adjustable shaft with the different steering wheel
but I belive the securing mechanism is the same on both the
adjustable and non-adjustable models.

Are they available and from where?
If not anyone have any that would like to dispose of? (for a fee of course)
Anyone have the specs as to size/thread?  I may try to make some if I
cannot find any if I can obtain the specs for the screws.

Thanks

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org