TR4A accelerator linkage

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A accelerator linkage
From: "flaedersaft" <flaedersaft@cfaith.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:47:37 -0600
Triumph cognoscenti,

I am restoring a TR4A and need to move the accelerator linkage from the donor
car to the new tub. This is the pedal, cross tube, and lever, with all the
pieces threaded on them. In order to thread it through the firewall in the new
tub it needs to be disassembled. There is nothing in my manual about. The
linkage is resisting all reasonable efforts to take it apart at either end
(gee, who ever heard of a Triumph doing that?).

Do you have any experience or tips?

Thanks,
Scott Bloomer
'63 Herald