Clikadjust valve adjust tool

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Clikadjust valve adjust tool
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:46:34 -0600
Carl wrote:

The ClikAdjust screwdriver clicks every .001" .005" or .010" (I'm not sure)
giving you 'sound feedback' rather than 'feeler gauge feedback'.

This is not quite the way the ClikAdjust tool functions.  Each revolution of
the screwdriver knob is divided into 30 clicks.  Consequently different valve
adjuster screws on different engines will produce different movement (gap) per
click (1/30 of a knob turn).  The tool needs to be first calibrated (using a
feeler gauge) to know what number of clicks produces the desired valve gap
setting on a specific engine. Calibration & use instructions come with the tool
and can also be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/7r78k

Some people like the ClikAdjust tool (I do), others think it's too much trouble
and prefer the traditional wrench / screwdriver / feeler gauge method.  Each
works.

brgds, Jay

'64 Triumph TR4 since '67

===     http://www.vtr.org