Re: powdercoating vs galvanising chassis

To: mike.tr5@virgin.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powdercoating vs galvanising chassis
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:00:25 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2005 1:36:05 PM Central Standard Time,
mike.tr5@virgin.net writes:
> Due to take delivery of a new chassis next week for my TR5
>
> What's the best finish for the chassis powdercoating, galvinising or coach
> paint.

Dip galvanizing will coat surfaces that the other finishes will not.  Those
being the inside of the frame members.  Most rust originates inside where water
can be trapped.  The trick is finding a dip galvanizer that will do a one
piece job.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org