GT6 engine rebuild questions

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 engine rebuild questions
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:21:37 -0600
I have my engine almost clear apart and have 2 questions.

I have been carefully putting the pistons and main bearings in bags with
markings of where they came from ... piston 1, etc.  Now I notice that
they have all been inscribed with the number already.  Does that
indicate the engine has been rebuilt?

Also, does the key have to come out of the crank shaft before the timing
gear and seal extension comes off?  Do I just pull it out with pliers?

Thanks,

Roger Elliott
68 GT6

===     http://www.vtr.org