floor pan for TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, yhoule@thermoplast.com
Subject: floor pan for TR3
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:11:08 EST
hello guys, once again looking for help.
my car is a TR3 commission TS41366L.
just bought a new trunk floor and it came without the captive nuts etc.  a
lot of my old floor was patina'd away! and it had been thoroughly striped of
trim when i got the car.
well i was smart enough to cut out what was left of the old floor out before
i received the new one! and even smarter when i threw out all the old scraps.
with the new one there are 5 holes along the back edge. the larger outside
holes are for the gas tank straps. the center 3 holes look like they would be
for a 1/4" dia captive nut. would i be correct? what do they hold?
also on my old floor was the remnants of a little piece of steel angle, spot
welded in place. it would be about 1/2" x 1/2". it was located just in front
of the gas tank. and it appeared to run full width, had the patina not overcome
it. what was that for? and can any one give me a dimension of both the size
and the distance from the first bend of the floor at the axle. PICS if you need
em can be emailed off list.

and while IM writing what is the collective wisdom on rust inhibitors for the
glossy body parts.
IM coating all the nasty chassis etc. with POR15.
all of the removable parts, fenders, doors etc. are being bead blasted and
treated properly with etch primers etc.
but there are some parts of the car, the tonneau saddle for e.g., that cant
come off the car and i cant get media blasted. has any one used some of the new
rust inhibitors and painted over them? what did you use and how has it been
long term?
thanks guys
Frank Fisher
temecula