TR4 steering rack compatability question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 steering rack compatability question
From: Donald Mostrom <oshwega@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:55:27 -0800 (PST)
I plan to rebuild the front suspension and steering of my '64 TR4 (comm. #
28xxx) this winter. I have not seen either new or rebuilt racks offered for
these later TR4's (it does have the later style rack mounts). However, both the
standard and the quick ratio racks are offered for the TR4A-TR6. Does anyone
have experience with using these later racks on the late TR4's?

If not, do you have possible sources where I couldget my original sterring rack
rebuilt?

Thanks,

Don Mostrom
'64 Triumph TR4