Re: TR3A console wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A console wiring
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:50:43 -0500
On Saturday 05 November 2005 06:21 pm, Randall wrote:
> Now, who can spot the glaring mistake, and for an extra bonus, the more
> subtle error in the accompanying text ?
>
> That link again
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4585755357

I'll take an anal-retentive stab at it.

The non-fabric covered panel (that matches the other interior trim) is not
correct for TR2/3; black crackle is correct for TR3A/B.

Early TR2 panels were aluminum vice steel (has a judge ever checked?).

Green lens instead of amber lens; Piggott cites TS70182 vice TS70179.
Positions switched here.

Panel and wiper knobs are reversed because he uses a rheostat panel switch
which is appropriate for post-TS60001 home market cars and earlier (2/1959 -
again, per Piggott) on export cars, but not correct back to TR2.

Problem with text:

Use of the word "Concours" in the context of "Triumph TR2, TR3, TR3-A, TR3-B
facia".

Use of the word "facia" when "panel" is a better choice.

Use of the word "accurate" in the context of the oil pressure gauge, or any of
the Triumph gauges for that matter.

"But It Now" price of $695 and current bid of $255; I had better drag out all
the complete panels I have in the storage unit and eBay them now!

I'm sure I missed something . . .

--
Hoyt
1954 TR2   TS561L *** Arrives Tuesday!!***

===     http://www.vtr.org