RE: Lockheed Master Cylinder/TR2 restoration

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lockheed Master Cylinder/TR2 restoration
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:45:20 -0800
> My 1954 TR2, TS561L, has been converted to the later Girling
> brake and clutch
> cylinders. Does anyone have a recommendation for a source for
> these master
> and slave cylinders?

Moss still has their repro listed, for almost $500, but it sounds like any
decent judge should be able to tell it's a repro.

Apple Hydraulics sells a rebuilt original for less than that, even without a
core, according to their web site.

You could also check with White Post, they might have one.

Or there's always eBay ... I have seen them from time to time.

> The motor is a later model, TS16299E. How does this
> affect judging and points?

I don't know, but almost any Triumph enthusiast will note the more obvious
differences, especially the absence of that funky thermostat housing.  Does
it also have the TR3 manifolds & carbs ?  What about the radiator ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org