Lockheed Master Cylinder/TR2 restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lockheed Master Cylinder/TR2 restoration
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 18:45:38 -0500
My 1954 TR2, TS561L, has been converted to the later Girling brake and clutch
cylinders. Does anyone have a recommendation for a source for these master
and slave cylinders? The motor is a later model, TS16299E. How does this
affect judging and points? I'm aware that the low TS# engines had some
deficiencies and the Lockheed parts suffered from scarce availability, so I
can understand why they were "upgraded". How does this affect judging?

Any advice from someone who has restored a TR2?

--
Hoyt
1954 TR2    TS561L

===     http://www.vtr.org