Condensor capacitance value?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Condensor capacitance value?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:39:56 -0600
I'm troubleshooting a lack of spark on my TR3A and wondered if anyone knew
the approx. capacitance of the condensor?

Any likelyhood of getting a reasonable capacitance reading from a condensor
that would still not function well on the car?

We have a good capacitance/inductance meter at work.

For that matter, is checking the coil with an inductance meter likely to
mean much? What range inductance should I expect to see?

Thanks,
Curt Fisher

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org