RE: Bad Coil?

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bad Coil?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:37:37 -0700
> Randall,
> Back in the Winter when I was installing Dan's harness the
> ballast question
> came up

And you expect me to remember that long ?  I'm not sure what I had for
breakfast today !

> At the time I did the test and got 3.0 which meant, (or so I thought) I
> didn't need the ballast,

Yup, sounds right.  So, check the other things I suggested.

> I assume it
> wouldn't have run
> correctly right  from the start, or could this be a gradual problem build
> up?

My first experience with "lack of ballast" actually melted the rubbing block
after about 2000 miles of operation.  But since you've already checked the
coil, I'll agree that's not the problem here.

Randall