Re: torque reaction arm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: torque reaction arm
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:18:23 EDT
Hi Chris,

No concerns about frame damage. I just think they discontinued using the arm
when the motor mounts were changed to the rectangular style. Perhaps those
were considered strong enough to not require the arm, while the earlier round
mounts might have been more flexible and needed the arm. There is no frame
damage
due to the torque arm on my car, although the arm adjuster screw was lacking
it's little rubber cap for most of the 25 years I've owned it. It was a
metal-to-metal contact all those years, without any problem. I only recently
replaced the adjuster screw... it's available from Moss.

Cheers!

Alan Myers
'62 TR4 CT17602L
I've often thought I'd like one for my TR4A, which doesn't have
one, and I believe never did (it's not shown in the factory
parts book).

Though I admit that I've wondered if the factory had a reason
for deleting it ... frame damage?

chris