TR4 rear wheel brake cylinder leak

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 rear wheel brake cylinder leak
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:32:22 -0600
I spotted a leak at the right rear wheel that appears to be from the
brake slave cylinder. I think it happens when I use the handbrake, since
I've noticed a similar spot a couple times on my sloped driveway after
moving the car into the garage. Otherwise the brakes are firm and I
didn't lose any fluid on a recent 600 mile drive. My question: I'm going
to replace that slave cylinder with a known good one, but I wondered if
a handbrake adjustment problem could be the root cause? That is, is
there something else that might have caused the failure that I should
also check out?

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2