RE: New Starter

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New Starter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:01:17 -0700
> I am trying to remove my old starter on my post 50000 TR3A to put in
> a new one.
> The thing is unbolted but doesn't fit between the frame and the exhaust.
>
> Should I try to pry the exhaust pipe over?
> Loosen the exhaust?
> Take the linkage off the carbs and come out the top?
> Or whatever?

Easiest for me is to loosen the 3 nuts that hold the exhaust to the manifold.
Then the exhaust will move far enough to wiggle the starter out.  But obviously
it depends on what condition the nuts/studs are in.  Be sure to use anti-seize
on the threads when you put them back on, and replace the gasket if it's
"tired".  I generally replace the lockwashers too, if they've lost their
'spring' due to heat.

Randall