Re: Crossing the US Border With an LBC

To: Jeff Fenwick <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crossing the US Border With an LBC
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
Jeff,

A Canadian citizen going into the US can get a declaration form (a card
actually) that lists things you have with you as you cross the border. Normally
this is for bigger ticket items like camers, laptops, etc. and is used to prove
you are not trying to bring them back in without all the duty and taxes. You
can go to the Canadian customs office at the border and fill one out (normally
list the items with S/N) before you cross over - they will stamp the card  -
then you're good to go.

At least that's what I did years ago when I did more travelling.

Cameron
'71 GT6

Jeff Fenwick <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca> wrote:
On a slightly different vein to the immigration snafu over the murderer, does
anyone
know the rules about crossing from Canada to USA (and especially back ;-) with
an
LBC, full of tools and new breakdown parts? Of course I will have the car
ownership and
proof of insurance, but what about the rest?

Jeff