Re: OD rebuild advice requested

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD rebuild advice requested
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:13:20 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/2005 8:16:34 AM Central Standard Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> When ordering an exchange unit, can one get the new and then return the
> old, or are you stuck putting the car on stilts and waiting? The car is still
>on
> bricks waiting for family to drag my newly powder-coated and straightened
> rims back from Boston, so now is either the time to do it, or push off to
> later. Just completely fed up driving highway without the overdrive.

How are they going to get the wheels through customs?

I believe there is a core charge involved with rebuilt units.  If you send
your old unit along with the order they will waive the core charge.  Else they
will reimburse the core charge when the exchange unit is received.  So I would
expect you could order up the new unit, continue driving the car during your
short driving season and when the new box comes in you can do the swap and ship
off the old unit and watch your credit card statements for the refund.

Dave