RE: BTDT (was : Making Metal Brake Lines) (no LBC content)

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch), morris@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: BTDT (was : Making Metal Brake Lines) (no LBC content)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:19:53 -0700
> Anybody interested in a KSR38 complete with paper tape punch?

Only to use as the subject of a funeral pyre !!

One of my first jobs as a professional programmer was to try to create listings
on an HP minicomputer that had only a KSR38 as input, output and mass storage !
After weeks of trying, I finally gave up in disgust and frustration ... just
COULD NOT keep that %$@! punch from jamming long enough to actually assemble a
file.  (Took 3 passes to produce a listing, with the intermediate results from
each pass going to the punch and being read back in on the next pass.)

Looking back ... it may have actually been a form of hazing, but no one ever had
the nerve to laugh to my face !

Randall