Re: moving to NC

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: moving to NC
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:09:09 -0600
j randolph sandner wrote:

>after moving to CO in 01, my wife of 32+ years has decided she would rather
>be back east.
>so we are planning to relocate to NC.
>have a quote from "dependable auto shippers" to move the tr6 from littleton
>to raleigh NC. cost is $911.
>has anyone done business /c them? is the quote fair?
>are they reliable?

I didn't know anyone ever left Colorado. ;) I had quotes for shipping my
TR4 from Texas to Denver for $700 - $800 five years ago. With today's
gas prices, around $900 sounds fair for the distance.

When we moved to Colorado, my '72 BMW 2002 went on the moving van. My
TR6-in-a-box went on a moving van from DC to Ohio. You might be able to
get the car on with your household stuff, or make a deal with the moving
company to bring the car on their next truck to NC as part of your
overall moving cost.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2