Re: Request for info!

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Request for info!
From: Steven <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:04:14 -0700
Jim Bauder wrote:

>In the past I have seen several pictures of TR4~6 cars with a custom vent
>cut into both front fenders. It was sort of triangular in shape and was just
>behind the front wheel opening and just below the S/S horizontal trim. There
>appears to be an "egg crate" grill installed so that it looks like it came
>from the factory.
>
>Does any one know of an owner of one of these modified cars, or know who may
>have done this modification, or where this may have been done?
>
>Any information will be of use and very much appreciated!

These were found on the works TR4's. Revington TR sells the vents, maybe
also a fender with the vents installed. I also have an scanned article
on my ailing laptop (so not available today) from an old car mag about
some guys who made their own for a group of matching rally cars. I don't
know about the factory, but the guys used Herald grilles I think.

http://www.sltoa.org/works_rally_cars.htm
http://www.revingtontr.com/oldsite/PAGE18.htm  < this is a working link
to the Revington site

Steven