Re: Distributer question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Distributer question
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:14:05 EST
Hi Marty,

FYI, MSD and other high energy systems specifically recommend against using
with a dual point distributor. There's more detail on their websites.

While they will work with points and, in fact, make the points last a long,
long time, most recommend still using an electronic ignition for better
accuracy.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

Subject: Distributer question

I see VickyBrits has Mallory dual point distributors listed in their
winter
sales catalog.  The only 6 cylinder cars they list are Austin Healey
3000
and MGC.  Anybody know if they are anything close to a TR6 distributor?
have my MSD box to install over the winter and am thinking about
switching
from my Crane set up.

Marty Sukey