RE: [Wedge] RE: [Wedge]   TR8 shifter length...

To: "'Joe Pinto'" <gnfauto@adelphia.net>
Subject: RE: [Wedge] RE: [Wedge]   TR8 shifter length...
From: "Odd Hedberg" <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:03:45 +0100
Cc: "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe,
you wrote:
> Also,
> when using the TR8 Transmission Crossmember RKC488 for the
> TR7V8, shouldn't the mounting holes in the tunnel floorpan
> line up without additional drilling?

Yes, that's correct.  The difference is in the shifter extension
only.  So it's only the gear lever position that is affected.
It will end up 15 mm further back as compared to when using the
genuine TR8 extension.  Not much of a matter...

>  ...  I'm still thinking that the factory would not have
> different placement of mounting holes for the TR7 & TR8
> models.

Correct, there's only one set of holes in the body.  Common to
both TR7 and TR8 rear crossmembers.  The crossmembers themselves
do look different - in order to end up at the same hole posi-
tions in the body tub.

/Odd