Re: Most Dangerous Tool

To: technical-iwnet@wight365.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous Tool
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:44:05 EST
In a message dated 12/19/04 7:52:38 PM, technical-iwnet@wight365.net writes:

I recently lost a good friend and respected family physician who was working
on his classic Mustang in the mechanic's pit in his garage. He must have
accidentally disconnected the gas line to the gas tank and had a few gallons of
gas
suddenly dump into the pit on him. He died on the spot from inhalation of the
fumes. His son found him an hour or so later. What a devastating and
senseless loss. The most dangerous tool we own is between our ears. There's no
sustitute for common sense and concentration on the task at hand. I'm employed
as a
physician assistant in a busy community orthopedics practice and have seen my
share of mangled fingers and extremities over the past 14 years. Almost always
the accident can be attributed to carelessness, disregard for basic safety or
using a tool for a job it was not intended for. Be safe out there. Enjoy your
hobby and have fun working on your vehicles. But above all be safe. Have a
nice Holiday all.                                                          Tom
Miller      75 TR6     CF 36713U      under way frame-off restoration