What a gift

To: pethier@isd.net;, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What a gift
From: Jim Wallace <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:30:05 -0500
I had looked into this a bit myself and it's complicated by three factors:

-size of sheets - it's a full size newspaper
-age - the sheets are getting kind of crispy
-size of text - very small requiring very high resolution = huge file sizes
(maybe not so big a problem)

A friend of mine works at a place that converts old maps to electronic
files, using big feed-through scanners, and while they could cope with the
size, the fragility was an issue.

Anyway just to say it will probably require somethig pretty specialized -
are there such things as huge flatbed scanners?
Jim "wish I had Phil's dad's Auburn" Wallace