Re: Question about shipping large items.

To: "Bill McLeod" <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Question about shipping large items.
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:24:57 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> The trans and overdrive will ship FEDEX (my preference <cheaper>), UPS
> or Greyhound, as will the bumper.

I ship a lot of stuff by USPS which lately has been the cheapest of all. But
FEDEX has been the easiest and not much more.

> UPS and FEDEX have web sites where you can get shipping rates and even
> arrange pickup.

Just a note. When I've used the online thing to figure shipping costs, on
every site (USPS has online estimating too) the price quoted was
outrageously high, but when I actually got the box to the drop off, the
price was usually less than 1/2 to 1/3 of the online price. Especially when
it involved big bulky boxes.