Re: The Adventure Begins

To: KPe9368405@aol.com, Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Adventure Begins
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:36:03 -0700
Ken wrote:

>Please stay out of Colorado! The last thing we need is another left coaster
>who doesn't know how to drive in the mountains or snow.

No, no, Bill, pack your skiis for the trip. A concourse car is only
going to get spoiled anyway, why put it off. Stop at a tire shop when
you pick up the TR6 and put on some studded snow tires. You'll drive
circles around the SUVs in the mountains. Or you'll be spinning in
circles, one of the two. I'm glad to have switched the snow tires to the
Volvo wagon this year, but my TR4 did fine in the mountains. I don't
have that awkward six cylinder engine weighing down the front. And I'm
sure there are a few folks on the list who had a ski rack on the boot
lid back a few years.

Of course now we have shaped skiis, artificial knees, and SUVs.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO