Re: mig welders

To: FGFO1@aol.com
Subject: Re: mig welders
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 07:06:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I purchased a Miller Cricket 115v 15 amp welder in 1990.  At that time I
had never done any welding.  I used it for my race car which I built
from the ground up.  In the ensuing years I converted it to gas, argon
and something else.

I have found it to meet every need I have had.  One caveat is that it
began to work a lot better when I had a circuit run in the garage that
was 115v 20 amp.  I have welded everything on a car you can think of
over the years.  The one exception is that I took my banjo out to get
the spring pads welded on by a professional.  He did a sloppy job.

At one point my front clip cracked at the joint with the passenger box.
  I rewelded it with one of the best beads I have ever hit.  It held
like it had been done by a pro.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom