Re: Surrey top on Spit Mk1

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Surrey top on Spit Mk1
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:14:04 EST
Hi Joe,

I'd think the easiest way to set up a surrey-style top for a Spitfire might
be to get an after-market fiberglass top intended for a Spit and modify it into
a two piece arrangement. Fiberglass is pretty easy to work with.

However, somewhere on the Internet I recently saw someone selling a two-piece
after-market top for TR4 through TR6, but I failed to bookmark it and haven't
been able to find it again. The illustration was not great and I wanted to
email them for more info and to ask about pricing. I tried Smooth Line, but
they
said "no", they only offer a one-piece top.

So, if you come across something, please let us know. I'm looking too!
(BTW, I've found two original surrey/hard tops, but they are way too
expensive for my budget!)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com