Installing a modern CD player in a TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Installing a modern CD player in a TR6
From: Robert Rudolphi <robertrudolphi@netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:53:26 -0500
Team,

I was hoping to get some advice from the list on how to wire a new CD
player I am purchasing for my 74 TR6. I currently have the "factory" AM
FM stereo system. I have purchased a new center console that has already
been cut and plan to install a modern CD player. The issue is I have a
battery cutoff switch on the negative side of the battery to shut off
the power whenever I park the car. I don't want to have to reset
everything on the new radio every time I drive the car. I am thinking of
running power and ground wires directly to the positive and negative
sides of the battery and putting inline fuses in each. Does anyone
foresee problems with this or have recommendations on a better way?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert