To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Summary: TR4 Badge Bar
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:02:32 EST
Greetings:

summarize the information so helpfully presented by a variety of others, here
is a
summary of the types and availability of badge bars / fog light bars for the
TR4:

       o    At one time a TR4 owner in Texas had a small
             batch made; one for his own car and a few more
             to sell. A generous practice that in all likelihood
             didn't allow him to amortize his expenses, yet
             provided a service to half a dozen other TR4
             enthusiasts. That being said, he tells me that
             these are all gone, the last few were slow to sell,
             and there will be no more. (...unless, of course,
             someone else wishes to undertake the effort and
             expense.)

       o    Revington TR in the UK recently introduced a
             light bar that resembles that used on the works
             rally cars while still allowing use of the bumper
             and opening of the hood. It's not easy to judge
             its installed appearance from the picture on the
             site, but the price seems pretty fair. It's part
             number RTR8428 at www.revingtontr.com  This
             part is said to be suitable for all TR4-5 models.
             inclusive.

       o    Various accessory shops offer a generic light bar,
             and clips to attach lights and badges. Among these
             Holden Vintage and Classic www.holden.co.uk and
             Classic Car Accessories; Part number 770-badge
             bar at http://www.classic-car-accessories.com  I'm
             sure that this part is available elsewhere as it looks
             to be the same part at each of the above suppliers.
             The downside, as with many "one size fits-all"
             solutions, is that it seems to require holes in ones
             bumper; not my preferred solution.

       o    Finally, my preferred solution: asking for help on
             the list. Through the assistance of various members
             I have a bit more collected wisdom and a solution
             for my own TR4.

Thanks to all those who shared their knowledge, as well as the offers of
various parts hanging from various rafters.

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4