Fwd: Most Dangerous Tool

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Most Dangerous Tool
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:12:41 +0100
I can mention my most frightening experience, although it happened
too fast to get frightened. On a 1932 Chevrolet, bottom of the gear
stick there is the usual ball, and in the ball a locating pin, which
was worn and needed replacing, but I couldn't get it out. No problem,
put the thing in a vise and heat it a bit, that might help. Well I
heated it a bit and then there was a bang or more like a loud pop,
and then no more pin. Apparently there was some grease behind it that
decomposed with the heat and shot out the pin. The pin went right
through the corrugated iron wall of the shed, made a nice hole. It
was just luck the hole wasn't in me. What you call a press fit I
guess.

DAve