RE: Flash to pass

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <january@chemeketa.edu>
Subject: RE: Flash to pass
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:22:52 -0500
In your note (which I will pass on to Dan, and is included below) you mention
that your car is 74217.  This pretty definitively shows that the late cars had
the flash to pass function energize the highbeam wire only.  Mine is 73336 and
I had one other person give me their commission number, also in the later half
of 4A production.  Please do take a look at the harness and see if you can
tell physically where the wire enters the high beam part of the harness.  I
guess that pretty clearly it does it and does it under the dash
somewhere.....

Does anyone having an "early" 4A, say in the 50000 to 60000 range with pretty
original wiring have this same flash to pass  function?  I'd like to establish
a change-point if one exists.  This may be one of those things where the
engineer who drew the diagram did not speak to the guy who laid out the
templates for the harnesses.

-Tony