aircraft writeups

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: aircraft writeups
From: JOSEPH MATO <joemato@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
I havn't seen too much humor associated with aircraft log books. If I forget to
sign it in black ink I get scolded by the chief pilot. The biggest problem we
have is getting management to actually agree to fix a problem, they like for
you to carry around and dump it on the next guy, someplace where it can't be
fixed. So you end up taking a stand to get something fixed before the plane
goes around the world. I've had to break things so that they can't be signed
off as "ground check normal" after being written up numerous times. What makes
it even more fun is that you are responsible for everything in the book once
you sign it, and even more responsible if the crew doesn't write up every
little thing.
Like I said, humor is not something you see very often, but pilots and
mechanics are in it together and you sure get to know who the good guys are.
     Joe Mato B747, TR3