Re: Ignition wire originality question

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition wire originality question
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:32:47 -0700
Anthony Rhodes wrote:

>...Allowing "period" accessories then DOES open a can of worms
>about what consitiutes "period"...

So my "Winky the Cat" is okay?  (ref: JCW catalog, Spring, 1959)

>...what about the wires?

FWIW -- I have often switched wires from one cap to another w/o problem
-- just get the spiky screw to hit the same spot.  Sounds like the
embossed cap with black wires is unambigiously original... anything else
becomes a matter of opinion as to correctness.  Personally, I consider
radio static to be 'original' too.  At the end of the day (as has been
often pointed out before) it is your car and if bumble bee wires are to
your liking then have at it.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4