RE: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:28:25 -0700
My biggest problem in my TR4 was that there was some little piece of debris
in my fuel float bowl.  At some point while driving it would get sucked up
and choke off my fuel.  It would loosen up enough and fall out of the way
sometimes and run fine til it got sucked up again and plug it up.

I didn't even find it.  After changing coil, removing electronic ignition
and going back to points, checking timing, checking plugs, checking fire at
all plugs and at coil, fuel lines, etc I gave up and handed it off to a
retired former TR mechanic and he found some little piece if debris in the
floats, took it out, ran perfect again!!

Felt stupid.

David R. Hammond
62 TR4 #CT 17780LO
68 TR250 #CD 185LO