Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: wayne@brazinski.com, Ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:38:14 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/18/2004 8:22:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wayne@brazinski.com writes:
Randall - before I leave - you mentioned I could use an aftermarket coil
which is awesome. Can you help me with these questions before I go out:

1) Will there be a package that says "Ballast Resistor", or how do I know
what to get?
2) Will there be a coil with a Ballast Resistor built in perhaps?
3) Can I also pick up the best plug wires I can find, or do they have
different diameters than the dizzy?
Greetings...  I recently picked up a couple of generic coils from Kragen and
they were stamped "use external ballast resistor" or words to that effect.
For a simple to fit resistor, get one from a late 60's or so Chrysler product.
For a coil, I asked for a 65 Chevy 6 cyl.  These ultimately will be replaced
with Bosch blue coils but it got me going for now.  Make this change before
trying wires or anything else.  Remember your scientific method.  Change one
variable at a time.     TJ