Adjustable needles.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Adjustable needles.
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:20:42 -0400
Well the 7 year project is at the upholsters now getting the final touch.
The car (76tr6) does not run well and the more I fiddle the more confused I
get.
When adjusting the needles for mixture (lean/rich ) I notice they are very
stiff to turn either way. Is this normal or should they turn easily.
When I set them both at the starting point needle bottom level with the bottom
of the piston then they are too lean
When I start adjusting them to get a little richer it only takes a couple of
total turns then they are too rich.
The carbs were rebuilt 2 years ago by a shop in the area.
What should be the starting point of where to try to trouble chute this
problem.
Thanks group in advance.

Crabby